Sunday, March 13, 2011

Shame, Shame.. You Know My Name.

I am bashfully writing this post because I have not written in what.. three weeks??? Terrible! I haven't been working as hard as I should at keeping the changes intact, but I'm still making good choices in addition to some of the bad ones! This week I am resolved to get back at it with 100% effort. I haven't gained any weight, so I am still at a 14 lb loss.

I was not prepared for the onslaught of cravings that accompany a particular female cycle... I really didn't recognize it at first, all I knew was that if I didn't have some chocolate IMMEDIATELY there would be mayhem at the Winslows. That lasted an entire week and I fought a losing battle with my cravings. It was so overwhelming that even reading and re-reading my previous post about skirting cravings didn't help! So I'm following my own advice - dusting myself off and getting back on that horse. The crazy thing about the whole cycle thing - FALSE ALARM. Good grief.

To make matters worse, a girl I am friends with at church who had missed a few months came back last week. Girl had lost about 60lb and left me in the dust.. talk about a guilt trip! I asked her what her secret was, and she said with a heinous smile, "Diet and exercise!" Ugh. Of course! However, she did invite me to work out with her, and I may take her up on that when my schedule permits!

So tell me, what have you all been doing to stay on track? Have you lost a little time? Are you going to keep at it? Let me know!

I do have some great recipes to share so watch for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment